Monday, September 26, 2011

NEW MEXICO TO ARIZONA,,,,,,THE START OF MONUMENT VALLEY

Its been a pretty boring day of driving to reach the start of Monument Valley. We are in a very small and sprawling town called Kayenta, not quite sure where we will get dinner tonight but where ever it is we will have to drive.
Monument Valley is a place I have wanted to visit for many years. As a kid I watched numerous cowboy and Indian movies and the Iconic sandstone  features of this area have always held a fascination for me.
The one thing that did stand out late arvo today was the last 87miles of almost straight but undulating highway,through desert country and the Navajo Indian tribal lands.
Apart from the boring drive especially in the earlier part  of the day,  my lunch came in as  being the second worst I've had here,,,, a fried flat thin piece of beef smothered in dark gravy with corn swimming in water and mash potato....not good!! Come to think of it I think that was also the worst at the Half Way Cafe in a town I can't remember but that time it was dinner....am I a slow learner??
Sandie chose well, chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment